With effect from 16 May 2021, Singapore has moved into Phase 2 – Heighten Alert. However, much of the filming and photography guidelines have remained the same as before.
We have seen many photo and video shoots being postponed and cancelled in view of the new measures. While it hurts our business, we think this is worthy cause to combat the spread of the virus.
This article provides some basic photography and video production social management measure guidelines for quick reference.
Guidelines For Video Production
From 16 May to 13 June 2021, companies should take note of the following rules:
- All content productions may proceed with no more than 15 personnel on location, including no more than 10 onscreen talent/performers (who may be unmasked if necessary), at any given time.
- Companies registered with IMDA may proceed with no more than 30 personnel on location, including no more than 10 onscreen talent/performers (who may be unmasked if necessary), at any given time.
- Filming or recording of “live” singing is allowed with no more than 2 singers (out of the 10 onscreen talent/performers) unmasked at any given time, and must observe a 2-metre safe distancing from the next person, for the following groups of companies:
- Companies registered with IMDA per (b), who may proceed without any further action; OR
- Companies not registered with IMDA, but are under SSIC codes beginning with 59, who are to notify IMDA using the form available under the Resources section of the Filming in Singapore page.
- Unmasking dispensations are to be kept strictly to the fixed cast of onscreen talent/performers (not interchangeable with other non-onscreen performing roles) for the entire production.
- No on-site audiences should be present on location; all personnel should comprise only talent/performers (i.e. cast), crew, and staff.
For further reading, please visit IMDA website.
Guidelines For Photo Production
- Photography production can allow up to 15 people on set (including cast), and up to 10 talent/subjects can be unmasked for the shoot at any one time.
- All crew / talents including those unmasked in frame should observe minimum 1m distancing.
- Residential rules of maximum 2 non-household visitors per day is in force.
- All Large Scale production involving more than 15 people on set should be postponed till after further notice
- Unmasking allowance are to be kept strictly to talent/performers/subjects (not interchangeable with other non-onscreen performing roles) for the entire production, and masks must be re-worn for extended in-between periods between shots
For further reading, please visit PPAS website.
How Can We Still Support You?
A video production shoot is typically supported by many production crew. However, to comply with the safe management measure and for staying safe, we can scale down our video production to include less crew at production site.
Beyond the physical shoots, our team can also provide remote virtual filming. Many hybrid events have also switched to a virtual event format.
Green Screen Studio Filming
We house a small but very versatile green screen studio in our office. The width of our studio is about 4.8m wide, making it suitable for a video filming session of 3 persons with space for social distancing. Moreover, this studio space is free to use when you engage our video production or live streaming services.
Remote Virtual Filming
During the circuit breaker in 2020, our video production team have put together a remote video production system and workflow. Which allows your remote presenter to login to our video production system, where our videographer and director will assist to direct your filming subject.
Remote video production does not have to be boring, we can help you inject fun elements to make your videos engaging.
Live Streaming & Virtual Events
Despite a year long incubation period, the virtual event scene is still very much in its infancy. Nonetheless, we have seen many new virtual event platforms surfacing. And the future of virtual and hybrid events looks very promising. These virtual event platforms enable gamification of your event, and contains tracking and video conferencing features. They are quickly evolving with their business customers.
Our green screen studio earlier in this article is versatile space that we also convert into a photography studio. We have shot family portraits, corporate, social media and composite group photo in this studio space. Once again, this space is available for use at no cost when you engage our photography services.
The Vivid Snaps Team
Our versatile team of media professionals are committed to evolve with your business. The media industry today has changed very much from what it was 5 years ago. Technology has brought about many disruption, but our team stayed positive when faced with challenges. And we believe this is the value our clients are looking for.
To start your working relationship with our team, drop us a message. Our Project Coordinators and Project Managers will be in touch with you to discuss your requirements.