With the rise of live streaming platforms, it can be hard to choose just one. The truth is, there is no “best” platform, there is only the best platform for you. LinkedIn Live allows you to stream live video content to drive record engagement with your professional audience.
Read on to find out more about the rising platform and its unique features.
What is LinkedIn Live?
LinkedIn Live is essentially LinkedIn’s live streaming option. Users go through a variety of third-party streaming tools to create their content. After which, is broadcasted to their LinkedIn network.
Similar to live versions of other social media platforms such as Instagram and Facebook, your video content goes out in real time and people can directly interact with you.
Features and Things to Note
What distinguishes one platform from another is its features. Here are some of LinkIn’s notable features:
- Stream directly to your LinkedIn Event attendees.
- Host in a trusted environment.
- Easily share new events with your followers.
- Engage your audience before, during & after the stream.
Things to Note
Although LinkedIn Live has its benefits, there are also some things you should take note of. These might sound technical, so if there is anything you are unclear about, we recommend you to check in with your live stream service provider.
Here are some points listed by LinkedIn:
- Your stream time can range from 10 minutes (minimum) to 4 hours (maximum).
- At the moment, you are unable to do square or portrait videos. The aspect ratio is 16:9.
- The maximum streaming resolution is 1080p.
- Frame Rate: 30 fps (maximum)
- Key Frame: every 2 seconds (60 frames)
- Bitrate (video): 6mbps (maximum)
- Bitrate (audio): 128kbps and 48khz sample rate
Using a Third-Party Streaming Tool
As mentioned previously, you have to go through a third-party streaming tool in order to stream on LinkedIn. As of now, there are 6 options:
- Streamyard (Free version available for both PC & Mac)
- Telestream Wirecast (Paid, available for PC & Mac)
- Socialive (Paid, available for PC & Mac)
- SwitcherStudio (Paid, iOS only)
- Restream (Paid, available as a Multicasting & web app)
- Wowza (Paid, available on PC & Mac)
Joining as a Member vs a Page
For members, you’ll be applying to stream from your personal LinkedIn profile. Hence, in your application, you will indicate that you wish to apply to stream as a member.
For LinkedIn Pages, you’ll be applying to stream from a LinkedIn Page. The limit for Live Video streaming is three admins per page.
*An individual member who is accepted as a broadcaster can’t stream to a LinkedIn Page. Likewise, admins of LinkedIn Pages can’t stream directly to their own profiles.
Some big corporations have found unique ways to make use of the platform. For example, Best Buy used it to feature an interview with the company’s CEO.
How to Join LinkedIn Live
To stream on LinkedIn from your profile or your organisation’s page, you have to fill out an application form. If approved, you’ll receive an email confirming your acceptance.
This makes way for a safer community for everyone!
Hosting a Successful Live Stream
What does it take to host a successful live stream? Let’s start with what your audience will expect:
- Clear audio, no static noise or feedback.
- Pristine visuals, without awkward angles or transitions.
- An insightful, engaging session.
These three elements form the base of a quality live stream session. The good news is, with proper planning and guidance, it is very possible to host a good live stream.
Any content that you put out will reflect on your business and can affect how your organisation is viewed. To give your viewers the best possible experience, consider engaging a professional live stream service provider.
With industry-grade equipment, a wealth of experience and full guidance from beginning to the end, your live stream will definitely be a hit.
Stream on LinkedIn Live
In conclusion, LinkedIn Live is a great platform to reach out to a corporate audience. It allows you to host in a trusted environment and easily share new events with your followers.
If you are keen on using this platform and want to host a successful live stream, speak with our project coordinators, who will be happy to assist you.